If you’re one of the millions of Americans who wait until the last two weeks before the tax deadline to file your return, we get it.
Filing taxes is not something most people enjoy. It can be overwhelming. It’s human nature to put off the things we don’t like to do, so, understandably, taxes are something you might want to put off until the last minute. However, there are many good reasons to file your taxes early, especially this year.
Why is tax preparation important?
In terms of missed deductions or triggering an IRS letter or audit, a tax professional can help eliminate errors and ensure your returns are prepared correctly. You benefit with money-saving tax planning. Tax professionals can advise you now and all year round on the best strategies to make smart tax related decisions.
Why Hire a Tax Pro?
Early filing gets you a faster refund. By not rushing, you have time to avoid mistakes that could lead to an audit. Tax planning gives you time to estimate capital gains, harvest tax losses, make last-minute charitable deductions, and shift some deductible items to the most useful tax year.
Right about now you’re probably wading through tax records and filling out your tax return. But it’s a daunting task – one that can be frustrating and eat up more hours that you have to devote to it.
But you don’t have to go it alone. Professional tax preparers are paid to keep up with the tax code and their expertise can help ensure that you get all the deductions and credits you are eligible to receive.
Here are the top 10 reasons why you may want to hire a professional tax professional:
1. It can save you money. If your tax preparer finds even one deduction or tax credit you may have missed, it can easily exceed the fee it costs to have a professional prepare your return.
2. It saves you time. The Internal Revenue Service reports that it takes nearly 20 hours to complete the average tax return with deductions. Your time is worth money. How much is it worth to you to get that time back?
3. Tax professionals can answer your questions and resolve issues. It’s very likely you will have questions about your taxes. Calling the IRS means you could be on hold for hours. Tax professionals can answer most of these instantly.
4. The tax code is very complicated. Professional tax preparers keep up with it and all those changes each and every year so you don’t have to.
5. You gain peace of mind. Just knowing that a professional is handling your taxes reduces stress.
6. Making mistakes can be very costly. In terms of missed deductions or triggering an IRS letter or audit; a tax professional can help eliminate errors and ensure your returns are prepared correctly.
7. You benefit with money-saving tax planning. Tax professionals can advise you now and all year round on the best strategies to make smart tax-saving decisions.
8. Your previous returns can be also reviewed. A tax professional can look at your past returns to see if any deductions were missed and, if so, amend them for you.
9. You can reduce your risk of an audit. And, if you are audited or the IRS starts asking questions you can’t easily answer, a professional tax preparer knows how to deal with the IRS.
10. It takes the hassle out of doing it yourself.
Contact CBBS today for assistance at 603-541-7485 or schedule a free consultation, and we’ll be happy to help you navigate tax season successfully!